Our Commitment to COVID-19 Health & Safety
We are guided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization local governments, and our expert consultants and will adapt our practices according to their most up-to-date recommendations. In response to COVID-19, we have implemented a number of new safety measures to help stem the spread.
FINDING A NEW HOME
We understand that when choosing a home, you should feel as comfortable and as safe as possible. From requiring face coverings for our associates and anyone entering our communities, to providing a contactless leasing process, we’re working to create a safer environment for everyone.
- Virtual and self-guided tour options available
- Contactless payment and move-in process
- Face coverings required in all common areas and amenities throughout the community
- Plexiglass installed to promote social distancing
- Frequent, daily cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces in common areas
- Updated touring hours at some locations for added flexibility
- Vacant apartments cleaned and disinfected prior to move-in
THE MOVE-IN PROCESS
Though the world has stopped in many ways, your life keeps moving. At AvalonBay, we strive to make the movein process seamless. Since we can’t give you a helping hand in person right now, we’ve added some bells and whistles to make your move easier, alleviate stress, and help you feel comfortable in your new home.
- Extensive disinfecting of all apartments prior to move-in with our 30 Point Deep Clean (more information below)
- Get settled at your convenience with our contactless move-in
- Learn about the community with our virtual community onboarding (select communities)
- Get to know your neighbors, virtually, in our private community Facebook Neighbors Groups
AVB’S COMMITMENT TO CLEAN
Our AVB Commitment to Clean program leaves your apartment ready for move-in. We wait at least 24 hours – and up to 72 hours – before cleaning and disinfecting all homes after the previous resident moves out. This service is performed by an associate wearing full PPE – including mask, gloves, and booties – and covers all apartment surfaces, paying close attention to the over 30 areas noted below.
Stove including knobs and handles, countertops, cabinets and pulls, doorknobs, flooring, light switches, doors, microwave, dishwasher and handle, and sink plus hardware.
Tub and tile, countertops, cabinets/vanity and pulls, doorknobs, flooring, light switches, sink and hardware, and towel holder
- LIVING AREAS AND HALLWAYS
Flooring, doorknobs, light switches, thermostat, closet knobs/pulls, ceiling fan pulls and switches
- BEDROOMS AND OTHER HVAC
Vents including filter replacement, shelving, window treatments, stair handrails, ceiling fan pulls and switches, and flooring
LIVING WITH US
We are honored that our residents have chosen our communities as their home and we remain resolute in our commitment to providing you the best possible living environment, despite the ongoing circumstances.
- Face coverings required in all common areas throughout the community
- Limited occupancy in shared spaces to promote social distancing
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces in common areas, gym & pool
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available in many shared spaces including wipes in the gym
- Contact-free package pick-up
- Amenity reservation system launched to manage capacity and promote social distancing in fitness centers and pools
- Optional in-home service provided to residents utilizing personal protective equipment, including face masks, shoe coverings and gloves
- Virtual service request via video with all tools necessary provided for simple tasks
- Daily health screenings for employees
- Rent repayment options for those facing financial hardship
- Plexiglass installed for resident-facing tasks in common areas to promote social distancing
- Enhanced air filtration throughout buildings
WORKING AT AVALONBAY
Our AvalonBay team is working together – leveraging our skill, expertise as an industry leader, and deep network of partners across the country – to serve our residents, and each other, as best as possible during this stressful time. We continue to think proactively to anticipate future needs, so that we can quickly adapt to this ever-changing environment.
- Remote/flexible schedules to promote social distancing
- Daily health screenings and attendance logs to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing efforts if necessary
- Added emergency leave policy to support impacted team members
- Vast number of health resources available for associates
- Operating practice adjustments based on associate feedback, industry experts’ recommendations, and industrial hygienists